Mississippi Scholars Tech Master Curriculum
Mississippi Scholars Tech Master students are preparing for their future careers. Employers are concerned with ensuring that both potential and incumbent employees have the skills necessary to thrive in today's workplace.
Current MDE Career Pathway Track - Academic Course of Study:
(4 Credits) ENGLISH
*(3 Credits) MATH
ALGEBRA I Math above Algebra I
(Course has to be related to program of study)
(3 Credits) SCIENCE Biology I and 2 Courses above Biology I
(3 Credits) SOCIAL STUDIES
(1 Credit) COMPUTER
(1/2 Credit) HEALTH or (PE) Physical Education
*(2.5 Credits) ELECTIVES of your program of study
*4 CTE Credits in the same area of study - Must take 4 CTE credits Non-negotiable
Must have 21 minimum credtits - Students can go the 21 or 24 credit route allowing time for internship
*Flexibility to tailor courses to area of interest.
- 40 Hours of Community or Volunteer Service during high school
- Minimum of 18 ACT composite score (overall score) or Minimum 36 ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery Test)
- 2.5 high school GPA on a 4.0 point scale
- 95% school attendance during high school years
- No out-of school suspension
- Must attain a passing score, as established by the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE), on the Mississippi Career Planning and Assessment System (CPAS2) or a passing score on an MDE approved industry certification assessment.
- Mississippi Scholars Tech Master must complete any remaining State-Mandated high school graduation requirements.
- Dual credit courses are acceptable.
Commitment for MS Scholars/MS Scholars Tech Master